UMHS has received approval from our accrediting body to employ distance learning in light of the Coronavirus pandemic. Following a full discussion with UMHS Administration, Deans, and the Student Government Association, it is felt that the best way forward is with the following structured plan:
- The medical school will remain open while delivering courses in an online format
- All basic science and fifth semester students can currently complete the entirety of their coursework online
- We are using the following distance learning platforms: Big Blue Button and Zoom.
- Quizzes will be cancelled and incorporated into Block and Final examinations.
- ExamMonitor will provide online examinations. ExamMonitor is an Al-driven remote proctoring solution that continuously observes exam takers with video and audio monitoring throughout the entire exam, eliminating the need for in-person proctoring and providing absolute confidence in the integrity of all your exams.